Sunday, July 29, 2018

Week 7-July 23, 2018

Merry Christmas!!!

Nimen hao!!!

This week has been awesome! The days just fly by!!! Some highlights include:
- Last Monday, as we were walking back from our first Skype TRC (which was awesome!!! We talked to a lady from Australia about charity), this MTC worker came up to me from behind and said in broken english, "What language?" and pointed to my tag. I was like, "Oh, Mandarin!" And then he said something else but I couldn't really understand, but then he showed me his phone and he had FB messenger pulled up and the little circle had a picture of Ashley!!! I was like What?! You know my sister?!?! And he explained something about being from Chile, but then he moved here and he lives behind the MTC and he's learning English! He said that Ashley had just visited him the day before and that's why he knew to look for me! I just thought that was sooo cool!!! He took a picture and sent it her! It was so awesome to see someone Ashley had taught on her mission in Chile and see how the gospel can really bless people's lives in incredible ways! It was an awesome way to start the week and it gave me more motivation to learn Chinese and develop love for the people of Taiwan! 
- We started having mini culture lessons in class! This mostly just consists of us distracting our teacher, who served in Taiwan, Taichung, enough to pause the lesson and show us pictures of food and street parades and mountains and such instead of learning grammar. I have to say, I much prefer culture lessons to anything else! ;) The pirks of being here for 7 weeks :P your teachers are sometimes as done with grammar as we are haha
- I saw a couple friends that came to the MTC wednesday that I never expected/had forgotten I might overlap with!!! So fun! I saw Francis Aguilar and Leah Forsyth's cousin!
- I accidentally said "death" when trying to say "thoughts" in our lesson this week about the Law of Chastity lol... solid...
- We had an awesome devotional yesterday by Pres. and Sis. Ralph about the apostasy and restoration and it was so good! Also, a sister and elder from our branch sang a duet at the end of it in front of the whole MTC and they did a BEAUTIFUL job! The Spirit was so strong!

This week we're getting our flight plans (just an email) on thursday I think, hence the Merry Christmas! ;) We started singing Christmas hymns to begin class. It's not as exciting as next week though, because this week we just get our flight plans to Taiwan in case our visas come in time (chances are slim). But NEXT week, I hopefully will find out where I will be reassigned if my visa isn't here yet! That is what I am actually pumped for! Every reassignment goes through the prophet again and an inspired Apostle reassigns you, so no matter what, it'll be where the Lord wants me to go!

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not you heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Have a fantastic week!
Sending hugs and prayers!
Can't wait to hear all about Canada and Spain!!!

Sis. Jensen





Mission shirts at exercise time! Practicing our Asian squats! And wว’
de tรณngbร n ๐Ÿ˜‰ sis morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!! Dec. 19, 2019