Sunday, September 30, 2018

Week 15-Sept.18, 2018

Wyoming sunset 🌄 Colorado sunrise

Hey fam and friends!!!


BREAKING NEWS: I GOT MY VISA!!!! 
So it's been a crazy week. Lemme start at the beginning. 
Wednesday: Just a regular day of missionary work, did some service, taught some people, etc. Good stuff. We also saw the most gorgeous wyoming sunset ever and I said "I never wanna leave Wyoming!" 

Thursday: Last district counsel together cuz transfers are this week. So of course we made zucchini bread and the elders ate it before we could blink haha. But the Sister training leaders call us in the middle of the meeting and then text us and say call us back! Its urgent! So we step out for a sec, call them back, and they said "Sister Jensen needs to be in Laramie tonight! President wants her to go to the departing missionary temple trip tomorrow!" I asked them if my visa was even here yet and they said no, but president is confident you are leaving next week! And so the (awesome) craziness began. My comps and i went to the only slightly asian restaurant in town, Chopstix, to celebrate and have our last supper together. Then we packed, went to the post office so I could send some stuff home, and said goodbye to couple people then hit the road! So bittersweet. We drove a couple hours, then I said goodbye to my amazing comps: Sis Fuge and Penrod, and shed a few tears, and got in the STLs car and they took me another couple hours to Cheyenne where we all stayed the night. The next day I drove another couple hours to the mission home with the Cheyenne STLs and got to see the other departing missionaries, including my visa waiting friends! President took us to lunch, then we went to the temple. It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had! The Fort Collins temple is breathtaking and we got to do some sealings for deceased families! There was a family with 8 kids and we got to seal them all together forever! 8 of us missionaries were proxy for the kids and President and his wife were proxy for the parents! So special! 

Friday evening I got picked up by the Greeley YSA sisters: Sis. Lewis and Barlow. They are awesome and it has been a blast spending the past couple days with them!

Saturday: President sent out the Transfer document which shows where everyone is going this week at 9:30ishpm so we ran over to the church across the street to get better WiFi but there was a wedding going on in the gym, so we stayed outside on the grass, but then the sprinklers turned on all of a sudden right where we were sitting so we booked it to the parking lot! Fun times haha. It was kinda weird seeing all the names of the missionaries I have grown to love so much and knowing that my name wasn't on there because I'm leaving and that I'm gonna have to start all over again getting to know everyone but it's of course very bittersweet. 

Sunday and Monday were pretty chill.
Today! Sis. Barlow got her visa to Jamaica so we dropped her off way early this morning by the temple and saw a stunningly pink sunrise!!! It was sad to see her go, but I'm so excited for her!
Random fact: I have now had like 9 companions (that I was with for more than 24 hours) in the last 7 or so weeks. Trios for the win! ;) I sat in the front seat for the first time today! Haha


As for the future, I fly to San Fran around 10 tomorrow then it's second star from the left and straight on til morning! Just kidding, but basically haha from there i fly to Taiwan! So excited and nervous and everything all at once!!! Its a sunset time of my mission leaving Fort Collins CO and a sunrise heading to Taiwan. Both so beautiful- sad but exciting. The sunset and sunrise have reminded me that God is in control and is watching out for each of us and brings me peace in the midst of this craziness. :)
Scripture of the week! Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and He shall direct thy paths." I know God has a plan for all of us and that His plan is perfect and as we trust in Him, He will support us and help us accomplish whatever He needs us to do!

Sending hugs and prayers!!!!
Love you lots!
Sister Jensen









No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!! Dec. 19, 2019