Sunday, April 7, 2019

Week 43-April 1, 2019

The Adventures of Sister Yen and Jensen

Hey fambam!

This week was full of unexpected adventures! 
Tuesday was my first district Council in Siyuan! It was definitely an interesting experience. We were running a little late so we hadn't eaten lunch yet and then the council itself was going to be about charity (I think) but it turned out to be mostly about how breaking up with a significant other is like dropping friends being taught (needless to say I had a hard time translating what was happening for Sister Yen...) Then on Wednesday we had an AWESOME English class! We did the first half hour regular, then the second half hour was a family home evening activity focused on family history, and then ice cream! We had a lot of people come and it turned out super well! But then when we went to go home and lock the church gate behind us, it was being super stubborn so we had to call the elders to come back and help us fix the gate. Luckily they were willing to bike back up the hill and fixed it pretty quick, but we were late getting home. To add to the thrill of Wednesday night, we ran into like 3 different obnoxiously bored dogs who thought we were pretty entertaining on the way home and had to backtrack a couple times. Fun times. Thursday my Line (means of contacting people in Taiwan) disappearred due to it being attached the my previous areas phone number so we spent all our meal time trying to figure out how to get contacts, chats, etc back. Friday was more chill~ we got to teach a cute member family how to make American cookies! They were shocked at the amount of sugar and insisted on making them less sweet Haha Saturday we got to teach a lady from Banqiao who used to be taught by the elders there and will be baptized soon! So fun! Mini road trip ;) Sunday we had two awesome miracles! Ziqi's parents gave her permission to be baptized! And Biying's boss randomly came up to her and said she could take a couple months off to focus on her tests coming up, which means she can come to church again, meet with us more regularly and hopefully also get baptized soon! 

Sorry for such a long email! I guess I just had more time this week.... Hope to hear from all of you too! ❤❤❤

Scripture of the week! 
Mosiah 24:13~15
13 "And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord." 
I am so grateful for all the adventures and miracles we get to experience in our lives. In heaven, we shouted for joy when we saw our futures. We knew there would be ups and downs, but we said Look's fun! Let's do it! and jumped on the ride! Every day is a rollercoaster, but I sure am grateful for the ride and all I learn from every twist and turn! 

Hope you have an awesome week!
Sending hugs and prayers and all my love!
Sister Jensen 

Ice cream and family history trees!
Sis Yen says we are potatoes (Im tan on the outside white on the inside and she is a sweet potato ~ yellow on the inside)
American cookies with the Zhang fam!
Sister Yen taught me how to make Taiwanese curry 
Pday lunch with the sistas!






No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!! Dec. 19, 2019