Sunday, June 23, 2019

Week 54- June 17, 2019

Fearless ?

Hey FamBam!
Sorry for the Taylor swift reference but we decided this week that our companionship song is "Fearless" by Taylor Swift because...well... "I don't know how it gets better than this, ...take my hand and drag me headfirst, fearless... with you I'd dance, in a storm in my best dress, fearless." 
This week was pouring rain and we wear dresses every day sooo... we felt it was pretty applicable. ;) Also, I don't know how it gets better than this? The Lord has rained some amazing miracles on us this week mostly in the form of street set ups~ new friends! 🎉 So there were a couple times when we literally danced in the rain. This is truly the Lord's work and He is in charge of everything and I am just so grateful to get to watch and be a witness to the miracles He works.
Also, this week I got pulled over by a cop... How do you get pulled over on a bike? Its impossible to speed... I think? I was following all the traffic laws too (which I actually recently learned it is illegal to turn right on red here... oops) But that wasn't why I got pulled over Haha Turns out he just wanted to chat (what?) and ask me where I was from and give me bookmark things with pretty sayings on them. I didn't want to offend him or something because I thought he was gonna give me a ticket, but my companion was way up ahead and it was 9:20 so we had to get home fast so I just invited him to English class and then said bye bye and kinda hesitantly biked away. lol fun times.
We had a lesson with our deaf and mute friend and this time her daughter who can hear and speak helped us translate! It really helps the lesson go a lot smoother than texting and we are super close to getting them both to get baptized together! We also had our recent convert bring a friend to church and she's super cute and wants to keep learning about Jesus Christ. 
Random story: Sister Linford cut my hair today! Last time I got it cut by a Taiwanese salon but it went, well, not so great... so today Sister Linford gave it a shot! 

Well, that's about it from this week. 
We have been trying to memorize this verse in Alma 53:20-21 because we really look up to the stripling warriors and their fearlessness. 
"And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted. Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him."
I have so many weaknesses and fears and am so far from the perfect or even an effective missionary, but I can testify that as we have faith and trust the Lord, we will be able to see His hand working in our lives. Don't fear because He's got your back.

Have a great week!
Sending hugs and prayers!
Love you all so much!
Sister Jensen 

Sistas 😊
Scripture study with the young women
Member visit
Awesome new friend Vanessa who ran a marathon yesterday 
Spontaneous lesson in the rain on the road
Hair cut 💇‍♀️
Face masks and hot chocolate 







No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!! Dec. 19, 2019