Sunday, December 23, 2018

Week 28-Dec. 17, 2018

Joy of Christmas! 🎄

Merry Christmas fam and friends!!!

The Christmas season is truly a magical time to be a missionary! I am very honored and grateful for this opportunity to share with everyone about Jesus Christ and the reason for the season! 🎄
I am looking forward to our missionary Christmas performance on Sunday and to testify in word and song! ❤ 

I am staying in Songshan and my new companion is Sister Hayden! She's absolutely awesome! She is so good at talking to people on the street! People just open up to her right away and always leave with a smile! She came to Taiwan with me (but didnt visa wait so I only saw her a couple times in the MTC and met her in the airport on the way here!) We are learning so much together! It's funny because the elders in our ward have both been out over a year and a few months and seem so old and know what they're doing and then there's us! Haha thank goodness for Google maps and Pleco translations! Sister Hayden lived in Shanghai for 3 years (with Sister Larsen)! She's a fantastic missionary and I'm so excited to learn all I can from her this transfer!
I will also miss Sister Larsen dearly! She was an inspiring trainer and taught me too much to even being to express! She is on to being a Sister Training leader in Taoyuan and will help so many more sisters there as well feel her light and example!

One of my highlights of the week was visiting an older lady in the ward yesterday and singing a couple Christmas hymns with her and praying for her family. The Spirit was so strong and I felt so much of God's love for her. It was a little moment of heaven in the midst of worrying about where we were biking next, if I knew how to get there, if we were gonna be late, if the elders were gonna be waiting for us, what would say/share, if i understood what we talked about in Ward Council, who we needed to contact, etc. The Spirit just helped me push all those thoughts aside for a moment to listen with love to our dear sister and help her feel remembered and heard.
Sister Larsen once told me that missions are like Disneyland: there's a lot of walking and traveling to get one place to another and you see a lot of cool things on the way and do a lot of waiting standing in line and mundane things for the thrill of the 2 minute ride. You go home exhausted, but it was all so worth it for those moments! 

Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 19:6
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."   Christ is the reason for the season, the greatest gift of all, and the Savior of mankind! Merry Christmas! 

Love you all! ❤
Best of luck with finals, work, etc.!
Sister Jensen 

1. Caroling with the ward at Carrefour! 
2. Caroling to the Huang family 🎄

No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!! Dec. 19, 2019