Sunday, July 28, 2019

Week 58-July 15, 2019

Danshui Daze


Hey FamBam!
First week in Danshui has been a blast! Also, a blaze! It's been super hot and Danshui is literally all hills, but I just try to remember that sweat is just your fat crying! 😆Danshui is at the very top of Taiwan, right next to the ocean!
Sister Smith is amazing. She's from Utah, half Taiwanese, loves basketball, and really understands the Taiwanese people. Today we actually got to have lunch with her grandma!
The view from our apartment is breathtaking and almost every day I wake up and "I've been staring at the edge of the water, long as I can remember..." pops into my head. I'll attach some pics.
The Danshui ward is HUGE and the Zone leaders also cover the same area as us. It has been super fun to meet a ton of the members (also a little overwhelming ~ so many new names to learn). We are teaching quite a few families and meeting them has also been a real pleasure. I feel so blessed coming into this beautiful area.

Scripture of the week:
Helaman 5:30
"And it came to pass when they heard this voice, and beheld that it was not a voice of thunder, neither was it a voice of a great tumultuous noise, but behold, it was a still voice of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it did pierce even to the very soul."
I have been working on recognizing spiritual promptings recently, specifically taking correction from the Spirit. I like this scripture because it reminds me that I have to be listening and ready to hear or feel it, and when I do, it pierces my soul because I know what the Spirit tells me is true. This week take a moment to think about how the Spirit talks to you and what the Spirit might want you to change. 

Love you all!!!
Have a FANTASTIC week! 
Sister Jensen 











No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!! Dec. 19, 2019