Sunday, October 7, 2018

Week 17-Oct. 1, 2018

Noodles, noodles, and more noodles...


Hey fambam! 

We eat so many noodles, I had a dream about noodles... but in my dream i chose to eat the watermelon because i was so done with noodles Haha. Luckily there are a lot of different things you can do with noodles! Also they have peanut butter burgers here which are actually so good! and people eat them for breakfast, not dinner! I got a sesame mcflurry at McDonald's! It was so yummy! It tasted kinda like reeses pieces! Tofay for zone preparation day we went to a DELICIOUS kaorou place which is just like Korean BBQ and it was a buffet and they also had COLD STONE ICE CEAM! We never see ice cream! So good! And it was so fun to meet all the missionaries in my zone! Ok, enough about food sorry... :P 
I got to teach English class for the first time this week! It was so fun! I teach the advanced class cuz then I dont have to speak any Chinese haha I wasnt as prepared as I should have been though so I let them go like 15 min early but got to talk to two of the students and almost set up with one to learn more about family history! "Set up" just means make an appointment. I just got his contact info but he declined meeting with us. English class is SO GOOD though. We get so many more people interested in English class on the street than like anything gospel related, but then the last half hour of English class we always do a "spiritual share" related to the topic of the day. So good! we do it wednesdays 7-8:30pm. 

Dads questions: We do all our studies (except personal) in shops so we can be out, people see us, we meet people, we're alert, etc. I love it! Sometimes I felt a little cabin fever in Wyoming, but never here! (also, my guilty pleasure is often the shop is playing music of some kind that makes things like language study and dailycontacting go by a little faster ;P) President has us while we are training do 2 hours of comp study with a ton of role playing and 1 1/2 of language study. He says it may be a sacrifice to the work, but it's a gift to the kingdom. Needless to say, my Chinese definitely needs it. We dont really eat at members homes, everyone here eats out cuz it's so cheap, so when we teach Robert, the bishops wife usually pays for our dinner after at some random place, but that's it. So funny, people here dont talk while they eat, so I felt so awkward the first time. there weren't any like get to know you questions or anything Haha just slurping noodles with chopsticks and a spoon sometimes! I always make such a mess Haha one time I literally dropped noodles in my lap... I'm getting better at the chopstick thing though! As for my bike, the church ordered them made for us and we paid for them when we got here. They're really nice and the front says "missionary " in Chinese, and the sides say "no amount of success can compensate for failure in the home" and my full name. I really not sure why people here love that quote so much but it's legit on everything.

Miracles:
Last week, a lady stopped us during comp study and told us in English "I like your song", it was so cute! We always sing a hymn at the beginning of comp study and we got to have a long conversation with her because of it! We invited her to English class and told her about the Book of Mormon. 
Wendy passed her baptismal interview yesterday! And Robert has his scheduled for Friday! :D They are so awesome, I love them so much!
We went took the MRT to the area where the temple is for a pass off lesson/chapel tour with a potential new friend, but she cancelled last minute so instead we went to the mission office (right across the street ) and got two of the shiny new translation Book of Mormons! They are so much thinner than the old ones and the characters are written like we read, left to right in rows instead of down in columns right to left! I guess more people read like that now, even in characters. As we were walking back to the MRT, a sweet lady from japan walked up behind us and stopped us and explained she has a friend in Japan who is a Chinese exchange student learning about the gospel and asked if we could bear our testimonies in Chinese so she could send it to her. We of course were more than happy to and she added us to a chat with the Japanese elders teaching her and said if she had any questions, we could help clarify things in Chinese! It was super cool and a testimony that God is orchestrating everything and there was a reason we needed to be there that morning! Also, technology is so awesome and is truly helping the work progress like crazy! Wendy's baptismal interview was through Skype!

Funnyz:
I accidentally called someone on the phone "[last name] trainer" instead of "mister" Haha that was a little embarrassing.  But then we laughed so hard about it, the people in the mcdonalds gave us weird looks. and I accidentally snorted... :P
Someone on the MRT (subway) told my trainer she thought I was native American......
Turns out riding a bike in a skirt isn't too bad, it's just getting on and off that's a struggle. I've almost fallen so many times this week, its hilarious! Soon I will be as smooth and flawless about it as Sis. Larsen though! Just takes a little practice ;)

Scripture of the week!!!
In light of general conference this week, here is an awesome quote from Elder Uchtdorf's talk "Three Sisters", "You have the spiritual DNA of God. You have unique gifts that originated in your spiritual creation and that were developed during the vast span of your premortal life. You are the child of our merciful and everlasting Father in Heaven, the Lord of Hosts, the One who created the universe, spread the spinning stars across the vast expanse of space, and placed the planets in their appointed orbits. You are in His hands. Very good hands. Loving hands. Caring hands." 
Ah! So good! I just love that so much! I k own it is true that we are all children of God and that He loves us and will guide our lives if we let Him. He will put us where we need to be and when we need to be there. He will guide our footsteps so long as we have the faith to start walking. :) 
Think of some questions this week for conference and write them down! Pray and search for answers with me! I promise there is so much out there to learn and understand and God will teach us so much if we seek it! I'd love to hear about what you discovered next week!

Have a FANTASTIC week!!!
Love you all so much and God loves you even more!
Sending prayers and hugs!
Sister Jensen 

pics:
Our rain ponchos!
Vegetarian buffet and my cute trainer!
What Taiwan people think of America...
Zone kaorou!





No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Home!! Dec. 19, 2019